Interesting facts about Remington Knives:
- Remington began manufacturing guns in 1816 but would not enter the pocket knife market for another 100 years!
- Most early Remington pocket knives feature UMC inside the circle stamp. This resulted from the merger of Remington Arms Co and the Union Metallic Cartridge Co.
- Remington was a major manufacturer of bayonets in WWI, eventually leading them into the pocket knife market (1920).
- The DuPont Company purchased a majority stake in Remington in 1933.
- Eventually the company was sold to Pal Cutlery Co around 1940.
- The last digit of pattern number denotes the handle material (ex. 3 = bone, 4 = pearl, 6 = stag, etc.)
- Some of the Most sought after Remington Pocket Knives are the 1920s “Bullet” knives. They featured a nickel silver bullet shield and jigged bone and genuine stag handles. Some are featured below:
I greatly appreciate any traffic from the following links as I will earn a portion of eBay’s commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. THANK YOU!!! – Jesse, oldpocketknives.com