- Rudy Ruana began making knives for local outdoorsmen in 1938 as a side job in Bonner, Montana.
- In 1952 he began making knives full time after demand began to grow and the reputation of their quality spread.
- The early knife blades were commonly made from Studebaker leaf springs.
- Elk antler stag has been a fixture for handle grips over the years.
- The cast-in-place aluminum handles are very characteristic of these knives.
- Knives are still being made in the same location today.
Check out these vintage Ruana Knives that are currently available on eBay. I appreciate any traffic from these links as I earn a portion of eBay’s commission when an item is purchased, at no extra cost to you. THANK YOU!!! – Jesse, oldpocketknives.com
eBayR H Ruana Knife M Stamp 21A Sticker Deluxe Orig Sheath Original Box - Excellent!
eBayRare! Rudy Ruana Custom Handmade Fixed Blade Bowie Knife 41D ‘M’ Stag Handle
eBayRare! Rudy Ruana Custom Handmade Fixed Blade Bowie Knife 42D ‘M’ Stag Handle
eBayVintage Ruana 17B Pattern [Discontinued] Elk Horn Handle Full Tang Bowie Knife
eBayFixed Blade Ruana Knife 21A 5" Sticker Jimped with Sheath/Zipper Case DH-1557
eBayVintage Custom Bowie Hunting Knife- NOS 1982- Original Sheath- 1 of 1- Montana
eBayAmazing RARE very old Rudy Ruana MONTANA Knife, Knife is sterile (unmarked)
eBaySuper Rare Rudy Ruana Knife 43D “M” Parry Fighting Strip, Bullwhip Signed
eBayRARE pre1943 WW2 Period Custom Handmade Rudy RUANA 15C Skinner Fighting Knife
eBayVintage R.H. Ruana Bonner Montana M hunting knife with sheath Free Shipping
eBayRUANA BONNER MONTANA CUSTOM BUILT HUNTING KNIFE, 1997, LEATHER SHEATH, NEW OFFER
eBayUS WW2 Period Custom Handmade R.H. RUANA Bonner Montana 14B Hunting Knife