Interesting KA-BAR knives facts:
- KA-BAR has its origins in Tidioute, PA where Wallace Brown begins the Union Razor Co in 1898.
- Wallace Brown was a relative of the Case family (mother Emma Case).
- The name is changed to Union Cutlery Co in 1909.
- The factory is moved to Olean, NY in 1911 due to the attractive tax incentives.
- An Alaskan hunter is able to save his own life from an attacking bear by using a Union Cutlery Co hunting knife. After killing (KA) the bear (BAR), the hunter sent the bear skin to the Wallace Brown and the brand KA-BAR was born.
- KA-BAR is first used on knives in 1923.
- Many fixed blade fighting / hunting knives during WWII and gains additional popularity and name recognition.
- The Union Cutlery Co name is dropped and officially changes its name to KA-BAR in 1952.
- Early knives (pre-WWII) bearing “dogs-head” shields are especially prized by collectors today. These knives are especially sought after by collectors today.
I appreciate any traffic from these links as I earn commission when an item is purchased, at no extra cost to you. THANK YOU!!! – Jesse, oldpocketknives.com
eBayVintage Ka-bar Cleveland OH 1237 Seki Japan Fixed Blade Skinner Hunting Knife
eBayVINTAGE KABAR USA STAG TRAPPER JACK FOLDING POCKET KNIFE HUNTING KA-BAR KNIVES
eBayVintage Kabar 1236 Hunting Fixed Blade Knife Made in USA Stacked Leather Handles
eBayVintage Kabar fixed blade knife w/ stag handles high polish blade 4" blade 28967
eBayKa-bar 2752 Boot Knife Fixed Blade Sheath Kabar Vintage cleveland Ohio Japan
eBayVintage Kabar 1992 Large Cotton Sampler Folding Hunter Pocket Knife Fancy Scales
eBayVintage KA-BAR Kabar Bowie Knife Green Bone Handle 8001 Dl Limited ED NICE
eBayVintage Kabar Union Cut Co USMC Stacked Leather Fixed Blade Fighting Knife