Interesting facts about Cattaraugus Cutlery Co pocket knives:
- Founded by J.B.F. Champlin & Sons in 1886 along with W.R. Case and began knife production soon after.
- Cattaraugus Cutlery Co began making knives in 1890 until it closed in 1963 (Little Valley, NY).
- Hired Charles Platts, another big name in the world of knife manufacturing, as the superintendent of the factory.
- Cattaraugus produced knives for the WWII war effort, including the common 225Q Commando knife, the folding machete Signal Corps knife and plenty of TL-29’s.
- The arched tang stamp changed very little over the course of its 80 years of production.
- Check out the vintage Case knives page and the KA-BAR knives page as well.
Check out these vintage Cattaraugus Knives that are currently available on eBay. I appreciate any traffic from these links as I earn a commission when an item is purchased, at no extra cost to you. THANK YOU!!! – Jesse, oldpocketknives.com